Dave & Denise Tims
Dave and Denise have 20 years plus of experience working with young people, with Youth for Christ , Incedo and Te Ora Hou in New Zealand, before joining UNOH in 2009. Both come from a Primary School Teaching background and Dave recently completed a Counseling qualification. Denise is of Ngati Porou decent and has a passion to see Maori linked to God, culture and language. /
Randwick Park is a small suburb (5000 people) of Manurewa, South Auckland. The area has a mixture of Maori, Pacific Island and Indian make up. Half of the dwellings are Housing NZ, and the other half new housing, but the area is physically ‘under-developed’ missing many basic essential facilities.
The Tims family moved into Randwick Park, Manurewa, South Auckland at the beginning of 2011. Since then they have:
- Joined a local Residency Association and helped with proposals to Auckland Supercity for the development of a local Park into a Village Centre
- Developed a local leadership programme for local young adults called Warriors of Changed
- Warriors of Change leaders run Holiday programmes and a weekly boys club
- Denise has recently trained as a Budget Advisor and supports those wanting help
- Help with a breakfast club at the local primary school
- Work alongside neighbors to rejuvenate the local stream by planting Native Plants
Dave and Denise have three teenage children who have all settled in well with life in Randwick.